In June month we gathered in Slimbook’s offices to work on Plasma. Along with Plasma developers, we were also joined by KDE Usability and Productivity team.
During the sprint I mostly worked to create up-to-date image for Plasma Mobile, as from last few weeks Plasma Mobile image was quite out-of-date and needed update.
Some of the bugfixes we did includes,
- Workaround for potentially broken Qt 5.12.3, using basic render loop instead of threaded.
- Fix for the regression in Window placement, sizing (Thanks to Aleix and David for help on this)
- Fixing WiFI settings on mobile
Apart from Plasma Mobile, I worked on general Plasma bugfixes as well,
- Behavior change in plasma-framework PluginLoader to fix behavior of X-KDE-ParentApp entries
- Fix for regression of the double locksceen in Plasma session
If you want to know overall progress made in the Plasma + Usability & Productivity sprint, then you can take a look at dot story for more detailed sprint report.
Also, I am going to Akademy 2019, and talking with Marco Martin about Plasma on embedded devices.