Plasma Mobile at Plasma Sprint Valencia
In June month we gathered in Slimbook’s offices to work on Plasma. Along with Plasma developers, we were also joined by KDE Usability and Productivity team.
During the sprint I mostly worked to create up-to-date image for Plasma Mobile, as from last few weeks Plasma Mobile image was quite out-of-date and needed update.
Some of the bugfixes we did includes,
- Workaround for potentially broken Qt 5.12.3, using basic render loop instead of threaded.
- Fix for the regression in Window placement, sizing (Thanks to Aleix and David for help on this)
- Fixing WiFI settings on mobile
Apart from Plasma Mobile, I worked on general Plasma bugfixes as well,
- Behavior change in plasma-framework PluginLoader to fix behavior of X-KDE-ParentApp entries
- Fix for regression of the double locksceen in Plasma session
If you want to know overall progress made in the Plasma + Usability & Productivity sprint, then you can take a look at dot story for more detailed sprint report.
Thanks to Slimbook for hosting us and KDE e.V. for sponsoring my travel!
Also, I am going to Akademy 2019, and talking with Marco Martin about Plasma on embedded devices.